Students learn to collaborate in a process where they explore, shape and symbolically represent imagination, ideas, feelings, attitudes, beliefs and their circumstances. Students are given as many opportunities as possible to perform.
Drama for Stages 4 and 5
All students in year 8 study a semester of Drama where they learn about the conventions and techniques of Melodrama.
Year 9 and 10 Drama is a School Certificate course.
Drama for Stage 6
Preliminary and HSC courses
These courses are 2 unit courses which lead to an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).
Additional drama activities
Our students can also take part in:
- students' ensembles in Years 8 – 12
- school musicals, plays and showcase specialist performances
- South Coast Regional Drama Festival participation
- excursions to live performances and theatrical events
- organisation and participation in regional and state drama camps festivals
- specialist workshop teachers visits.
Special features of our drama program
- Strong links with community theatre, IPAC Theatre Wollongong, and use of a variety of theatre spaces.
- Opportunities for students to participate in industry workshops both at school and at NIDA.
- On-going commitment to the use of technology in production.